Happy Earth Day! Let’s celebrate our mother nature with this environmentally friendly inspired cocktails.
Blue Sea Martini:
Thanks to the addition of blue curacao, this delicious cocktail represents the ocean. It’s perfect for a hot summer day with friends!
- 1-1/2 ounces vodka
- 1 once blue curacao
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup light white cranberry juice
- Lime and lemon for garnish
- Mix all of the ingredients in a chilled drink mixer filled halfway with ice. Shake vigorously. Strain drink into two chilled martini glasses and garnish with your favorite fruit!
Recipe from: www.sheknows.com
The Greens Cocktail:
We must include a cocktail that represents all the green our earth provided us with. We found this very refreshing recipe with cucumber and mint. Perfect for a picnic!
- 2 english cucumber
- ice cubes (Small)
- 1 cup fresh mint (loosely packed)
- 2 tsps granulated sugar
- 3 tbsps fresh lime juice (from 2 to 3 limes)
- 4 oz vodka
- 1 oz Cointreau
Step 1 :Cut 4 thin spears from 1 cucumber, and reserve for garnish. Peel remaining cucumbers, and quarter them lengthwise. Scrape out seeds with a spoon, and discard. Coarsely chop cucumbers, then puree in a food processor until smooth. Strain through a fine sieve, pressing on solids to extract as much liquid as possible.
Step 2: Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add mint, sugar, and lime juice, and shake. Add 3/4 cup cucumber juice, the vodka, and Cointreau, and shake. Strain into 4 glasses filled with ice. Garnish each cocktail with a cucumber spear.
Recipe from: www.yummly.com
The mudslide is the best cocktail to represent another element for Earth Day- land. This sweet, strong and sneaky cocktail is one our favorites!
- 1-1/2 ounces vodka
- 1-1/2 ounces coffee liqueur
- 1-1/2 ounces Irish creamer (like Baileys)
- Chocolate drizzle
- Drizzle melted chocolate along the inside of a wine glass. Chill for at least 10 minutes so chocolate sets.
- Pour all of the ingredients into a chilled martini mixer filled halfway with ice and then shake. Strain into the prepared glass and enjoy!
Recipe from www.sheknows.com
We hope you celebrate this very important holiday! Cheers!